POSTAL 2 Complete (renamed simply POSTAL 2 in later versions) is the definitive version of POSTAL 2.
Released on Steam after a successful Steam Greenlight campaign (later on GoG), it is a vastly updated version of the POSTAL 2 base game with Share The Pain, Apocalypse Weekend, and a modified version of the A Week in Paradise mod. In addition to an absurd amount of bugfixes, this version adds full controller support (with rebinding), an optional weapon selector, and a menu for inventory items.
In addition to this, the classic version of POSTAL 2 (1409) can be downloaded and played under the "Betas" tab on Steam.
Main article: Holiday Events
Added to the base game are special holiday events which are triggered on and around their specific calendar day. These change the game in simple festive ways from changing the environment, additional menu options, and special objectives (such as catching a leprechaun or assassinating the Easter Bunny).
Steamworks has been fully implement allowing easier mod support via Steam Workshop, unlockable achievements, Steam trading cards, and Steam Cloud saving. In addition to this, an updated version of POSTed with the Unrealscript source code of POSTAL 2 and its expansions are available for all versions of the game.
Mac and Linux versions
The Mac and Linux versions have been re-coded in SDL2 showing massive improvements over the previous versions and allowing support for all of the above with improved rendering and performance.
While support for Share The Pain has been officially discontinued, this version was patched for Windows 10 compatibility and features a semi-new menu screen featuring a box for Postal III getting pissed on and flipped off.
Differences when compared to the original AWP
- Changed the name of the last two difficulties from "Nightmare Mode" and "Really Fucking Hard" to "POSTAL" and "Impossible", respectively.
- Removed the 'new weapon order' option in the menu, default hotkeys have been changed as well as the way menus look, and more menu options have been added.
- The Machete boasts more power, being able to hack off limbs of more powerful enemies such as police officers, and SWAT team members.
- Cats were changed back to normal cats in the base game.
- Removed all M@DJ@cK@L weapons and items (restore available through Workshop).
- Some weapons added in AWP were completely removed, some were swapped out with more Eternal Damnation weapons, and some had their locations changed.
- Removed the Random Wardrobe.
- Removed arcade games and Tokens (partial restore available through Workshop; tokens no longer drop from killed people, and look different. The Coin Gobbler machine no longer exists. Fag Hunter lacks its kill counter).
- Reverted the enable cheats code to 'sissy'.
- Removed distance counter when lopping off a victim's head with your Baseball Bat.
- School Daze and its intermediate map have been completely removed (restore available through Workshop).