The Postal III SDK (or PIII SDK for short) is a software development kit for Postal III.
During the fallout of Postal III, a user on the RWS forum names "noregrets" leaked the SDK and a NoDRM patch for Windows 8 users. This gave rise to several attempts at fixing Postal III such as the Beta Mod Pack.
A fully functional editor based on the 2006 Source Development Kit (Lost Coast version), this allows for custom content to be made for Postal III. This includes:
- Valve Hammer Editor (For building level geometry)
- Half-Life Face Poster (For cutscenes)
- Half-Life Model View (For viewing models)
- Vconfig (Use to set up directories for development)
In addition, several command line tools are included.
- VBSP (Compiles a raw VMF file into a BSP file)
- VVIS (Adds visibility data to a BSP file)
- VRAD (Adds lighting data to a BSP file)
- Vtex (converts image files from TGA (True Graphics Adapter) to VTF (Valve Texture Format).
Valve Developer Community
An expansive collection of documents dealing with every facet of the Source Engine SDK can be found on Valve's official wiki.
A Half-Life 2 fansite with many tutorials dealing with the Source Engine. Downloadable video tutorials as well.
The Whole of Half-Life tutorials
Another fansite dealing with the Half-life series. This includes tutorials for Source engine development.